Recipe Ideas - Thyme & Parmesan Schnitzel
I have always loved schnitzel. Pork or chicken, either is fine, and this is the hands-down best schnitzel I've ever had. And soon, it'll be yours, too!
Thyme and parmesan elevate this recipe and pairs well with an apple salad or mashed potatoes - whichever you prefer!
Thyme & Parmesan Schnitzel
What You'll Need:
- 2 pork cutlets (or 2 chicken breasts)
- A couple of sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Strip the thyme from the stems and give it a rough chop.
- In a shallow dish, mix the panko, parmesan, and thyme.
- Pound out the pork cutlets or chicken breasts to the desired thickness. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper, then cover with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Bread both sides, pressing the panko mixture firmly, so it all sticks nicely.
- Heat a fair amount of oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Fry until golden brown, around 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with a nice side salad (an apple-dill salad is my favourite) or go traditional with mashed potatoes or fries!
Share your favourite schnitzel recipes in the comments or by tagging us on Instagram @albertagrocery.ca!
Recipe adapted from Hello Fresh.