Recipe Ideas - Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
We love fall at AlbertaGrocery.ca! And we especially love anything pumpkin spice!
If you haven't had a chance to get to your favourite coffee shop for a PSL, try out this homemade version (that we think might even be better than store-bought).
This recipe is easy and quick - the whole process only took us about 10 minutes! We suggest starting with a mise-en-place, which is French for getting your ingredients in place. It made the process quicker by having the ingredients measured out and ready to grab when we needed.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
What You'll Need (for 2 drinks):
2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, or more to taste
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving (or make your own like we did, see below for ratios)
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Whipped cream, for serving
We made our own pumpkin pie spice using 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon + 2 teaspoons ground ginger + 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg + a pinch of ground cloves.
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and coffee (we just used our Keurig, no need to be fancy!).
- Divide the mixture into your mugs, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice (cause this part is good to be a tad fancy).